Terms and conditions
Article 1: Preamble
The present general conditions of sale are concluded, on the one hand, by Online French Teacher, represented by Anthony Lucas – 12 rue Jacotot, 73100 Aix-les-Bains, France – registered in the register of companies and establishments (SIRENE) under the following SIRET number: 832 446 215, hereinafter referred to as “the seller” and, on the other hand, by any individual or legal entity wishing to make a purchase via the seller’s website, hereinafter referred to as “the client/learner”. The client/learner accepts these general terms and conditions by placing an order or registering on the https://onlinefrenchteacher.com website. These terms and conditions apply exclusively from the moment the client/learner registers. It is the responsibility of the client/learner to take them into account before any purchase, order or registration.
Article 2: Age limit
The client/learner must be at least 18 years old in order to register or place an order on https://onlinefrenchteacher.com. As an exception, a minor learner may register for Online French Teacher’s online French courses provided that a parent or guardian signs an official release and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions on his/her behalf.
Article 3: Object
The present conditions of sale aim to define the contractual relations between the seller and the client/learner as well as the conditions applicable to any purchase made through the seller’s site, https://onlinefrenchteacher.com whether the client/learner is a professional or a consumer. The acquisition of a good or service through this site implies unreserved acceptance by the client/learner of these conditions of sale. These conditions of sale shall prevail over any other general or specific conditions not expressly approved by the seller. The seller reserves the right to modify its conditions of sale at any time. In this case, the applicable conditions will be those in force on the date of the order by the client/learner.
Article 4: Services provided
Online French Teacher is a website that links a French teacher, the seller, and individuals or companies wishing to learn French, the client/learner.
Private French classes
The client/learner can purchase and book their French courses hour by hour, via the online booking calendar. They can also buy a pack of hours and thus obtain a credit of hours. From their account, they can then see their balance of hours, the expiry date and use their credit by booking lessons.
- All bookings must be made using the online booking calendar.
- Bookings are open until 12 hours before the start of each class.
- When the booking is confirmed, the client/learner receives a confirmation email. This email contains information about the course booked and the link to log in to the class.
Bundles of prepaid hours of class
To book courses, the client/learner has the option of buying hours in advance. They can then use their credit hours to book their courses without having to pay at the end of each booking.
- The client/learner can then book for a period of time defined in the package conditions. After the deadline the package will no longer be valid.
- The clients / learners credit is updated after each booking or cancellation.
- Package hours cannot be transferred to another person.
- The client/learner can cancel their classes via a link received in the class confirmation email or from his account.
- All courses can be cancelled free of charge, up to 24 hours before the start of the course.
- When the client/learner cancels a course, both he/she and the teacher will receive an email notification.
- If the client/learner does not cancel the course at least 24 hours before the start of the course, the course will be considered completed and the time credit will be debited from the course.
- If within 24 hours prior to the course, the client/learner realises that he/she cannot attend the course, he/she must notify Anthony by sending a message via Whatsapp (+33 6 61 03 91 11).
- If Anthony cancels a course, the client/learner will be notified by email. The client/learner will then be able to reschedule the course to another date of his/her choice.
Online French Teacher is committed to offering the very first hour (60 minutes) of private tuition to the client/learner, which will take the form of an introductory session to find out about the client/learner, their level of French, their objectives and their expectations of the service offered.
- This offer does not commit the client/learner to any obligation, and after this trial period the client/learner is free to decide whether or not to continue the course.
- This offer is only valid once per person.
Article 5: Prices
- The prices of the services displayed on the site are indicated in euros.
- The prices indicated are exempt from VAT.
- The seller reserves the right to modify its prices at any time. Nevertheless, the prices applicable to the order are those in force at the time of confirmation of the order.
- Under no circumstances may the client/learner demand the application of discounts that are no longer in force on the day the order is placed.
- The client’s/learner’s bank charges for transfers or bank charges are at his/her own expense.
Article 6: Payment
- All payments must be made in advance.
- All payments must be made on the onlinefrenchteacher.com website via the online booking calendar.
- Secure online payment by credit card is made through the company Stripe. The transmitted information is encrypted by a software in the rules of the art and cannot be read during the transport on the network. Any guarantee of the security of this system is entirely the responsibility of Stripe and cannot be imputed to us.
- It is possible to pay with Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- Confirmation of the order implies acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale, acknowledgement of having full knowledge of them and waiver of the right to invoke one’s own terms and conditions of purchase or other conditions. All the data provided and the recorded confirmation will be considered as proof of the transaction. The confirmation will be considered as a signature and acceptance of the operations carried out. The seller will send an e-mail to the client/learner confirming the registered order. The latter must therefore ensure that he/she enters a correct e-mail address. The seller shall not be held liable in any way if the client/learner enters incorrect information in the registration form.
Article 7: Right of withdrawal
The client/learner has a right of withdrawal of 14 days as provided for in Book VI of the CDE, Article 45 §1. This right of withdrawal takes effect on the exact day and time that the client/learner places and validates an order for hour(s) of online French lessons on the website https://onlinefrenchteacher.com. In order to exercise his/her right of withdrawal, the client/learner must send a request by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com. The request must be obvious and must contain a sentence clearly indicating that the client/learner wishes to make use of his/her right of withdrawal.
- If the client/learner has used the service in its entirety within the withdrawal period. The customer/learner loses the right of withdrawal and can no longer claim any refund.
- If the client/learner has only partially used the service within the cancellation period. He then retains the right to cancel his purchase. But the seller can deduct the value of the services already provided from the amount to be refunded.
Article 8: Access to the website
This site is normally accessible to users at all times. However, the seller may decide to interrupt the site for technical maintenance purposes and will endeavour to inform users of the dates and times of the intervention beforehand. The https://onlinefrenchteacher.com website is updated regularly by the seller. In the same way, the general terms and conditions of sale may be modified at any time. They are nonetheless binding on the client/learner, who is invited to refer to them as often as possible in order to become familiar with them. In the event of difficulty in accessing the site, contact support by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The seller is in no way responsible for difficulties in accessing the Internet or the videoconferencing application of the client/learner. The seller will do everything possible to help, but cannot reimburse the client/learner for these reasons. The seller, in the online sales process, is only bound by an obligation of means; it cannot be held liable for any damage resulting from the use of the Internet network such as loss of data, intrusion, virus, breakdown of service, or other involuntary problems.